A delicious and filling salad which makes a light main course, or substantial side dish.
- 1 microwave pottle of “Steamed Grains” (I use a “Super-Grains Multigrain Blend which includes brown & red rice, buckwheat, quinoa and chia”)
- 2 cups leafy greens (lettuce, rocket, baby spinach etc)
- 1 cup sweet grapes (cut in half)
- 1 cup raw blueberries
- 1 cup raw pineapple or apple (cut in chunks)
- ½ cup cheddar cheese (cut into small cubes)
- ½ cup walnuts (chopped)
- 2 tbsp rice bran oil
- 4 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Microwave the mixed grains as recommended on the packet then allow to cool while you prepare the other ingredients.
- Toss all the salad ingredients (including the cooled grains) in a large salad bowl.
- Tip all the dressing ingredients into a jar with a lid and shake them well to mix.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and mix gently.
Serves 2 people as a main course, or 4 as a side dish.
Substitute cooked quinoa for grains to make this recipe grain-free / paleo.
Substitute any raw fruit for the pineapple or apple portion.
Substitute cherry tomatoes for the grapes