These Apricot Balls use walnuts, seeds and dried fruit to make a sweet and healthy snack. They will fill you up as well as satisfying sweet cravings.
- 1 ½ cup raw, shelled walnuts
- ½ cup sunflower and pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- 1 cup sultanas
- ½ cup dried apricots (chopped)
- ½ cup dried, shredded coconut
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tbsp runny honey
- 1-3 tbsp water (as needed)
- More dried coconut to coat the balls.
- 1 food processor with an “S” blade.
- Put the nuts and seeds into the food processor and process on high until they are well chopped (but not pulverised into crumbs.)
- Add the dried fruit and ½ cup coconut and process again until the fruit is thoroughly chopped and mixed with the nuts.
- Add peanut butter and honey and mix on lowest speed.
- The mixture should be sticky enough for you to easily form a small ball with your fingers. If not, add 1 – 3 tbsp water and mix again.
- Wet your fingers with water (to prevent them from being covered with sticky mixture) and form the fruit and walnut mixture into small balls.
- Coat the balls in dried coconut.
- Store in the refrigerator, where they will firm up and keep for several weeks.